• Drucken

Autor Thema: 4E - Völker  (Gelesen 22783 mal)

Beschreibung:

Zechi

• Globaler Moderator
4E - Völker
« am: 12. September 2007, 19:45:53 »
Eine neue Info zu Völkern:

Zitat
Peter Shaefer mentions a racial change whch may raise some eyebrows - although it's uncertain whether it'll make it into the final product; thanks to Sorcica for the scoop:

"Races were fun to develop, fast and easy. Each race works best with two or three classes, thanks to a stat bonus or other feature, and none suck at any class; a couple tweaks here and there let us reinforce those connections without weakening the races' flexibilities. Only one race gave us any trouble and got a bit of a change in return. It's the sort of thing that would raise some eyebrows in the playing public - and also in the office, I'm told, so we'll see if it makes it to your eyes. I hope it does, because it makes everything about the race simpler and just as effective."

Welches Volk könnte gemeint sein?

Ansonsten zur allgemeinen Info die bisher gesammelten Volks-Infos/Gerüchte/Scoops:

Zitat
# Races

* Eladrin wizardThere is a tiefling in the player’s handbook. There may also be a changeling (from Eberron).  Mike did all the talking, where there will be a very REAL ACTIVE difference within the races that will really make a difference between the Dwarf Fighter and an Elven Fighter. (source).
          o Aasimars, however, are not: "Less chance of that."
          o It looks likely that gnomes will not be in the PHB (unconfirmed). When asked at GenCon UK, Bruce Cordell said "wait and see."
          o Seems the tiefling has company in the new races, with eladrin and warforged. At the very least, it being mentioned as a converted 3.5 game, no mention of conversion issues is raised.
          o And drow? "Possibly but not confirmed."
          o What's in store for humans? "Humans will be more "flavourful". There will be mechanical flair to make humans as exciting as any other race."
    * Elves! There's a fluff piece on the official site (no rules info) which presents elves as wild, woodland, tribelike folks; very different to those in 3rd Edition with their Wizard favoured class. It mentions that elves are called wood elves, wild elves, or sylvan elves -- "Most elves are wild, free forest-dwellers, guarding their lands with stealth and deadly arrows from high boughs.... elves have gone a different route than their cousins, the eladrin. Elves rely on hard-won intuition and senses tuned to an arrow’s point instead of reason, intellect, or debate as eladrin are more wont to do.... They prefer the magic of the natural world to arcane magic. Elves are drawn to the worship of both the fey god Corellon and Obad-Hai, the god of the wild." Eladrin are mentioned in the article as cousins of the elves. The analogy seems to be that elves are what were wood/wild/moon elves, while eladrin may be gray/high/sun elves.
          o To the suggestion by EN World member Mouseferatu (Ari Marmell, whose name you'll see on Tome of Magic and Heroes of Horror) that: "Perhaps the eladrin known to dwell amongst mortals are simply the weakest of their kin, the fey that interact most frequently with the material plane. In other worlds, places with strange names like Arcadia and Arborea, far more alien eladrin, with powers beyond those comprehensible to mortals and strange titles like "ghaele" and "bralani," are said to dwell",  Michele Carter, RPG Senior Editor, replied: "You're a smart guy, Ari."
    * Will we be doing ECL? "That’s a good example of something applied to the game to help make somethings work easier. We don’t want to recreate this. We’re not going to give you rules to play a blink dog fighter… There will be many more choices, however, and we want to make sure they are all playable right out of the gate. If say, for instance, we put a tiefling in the PH, we would certainly want to make it playable right out of the gate. So, for example, we might have had to make a lot of the other races a little bit cooler to keep the balance straight between the races." (source).
    * Design & Development: Race, which discusses some of the choices that informed the way race was thought of as 4e started to be designed: -- "In the final version of 4th Edition, most of your racial traits come into play right out of the gate at 1st level—dwarven resilience, elven evasion, a half-elf’s inspiring presence, and so on. As you go up levels, you can take racial feats to make those abilities even more exciting and gain new capabilities tied to your race. You can also take race-specific powers built into your class, which accomplish a lot of what racial substitution levels used to do: a dwarf fighter with the friend of earth power can do something that other 10th-level fighters just can’t do."
    * "Dwarven resilience, elven evasion, a half-elf’s inspiring presence" mentioned as racial traits
    * Classes can be improved by racial feats, in a similar way to how current racial substitution levels work.
    * Peter Schaefer talks about racial traits ("Being really lucky, for example, works with the halfing rogue really well, and being durable is perfect for the dwarven fighter.") and how different classes can perform the same role without looking like clones of each other.
Planen ist alles, Pläne sind nichts.

Blackthorne

• Mitglied
Re: 4E - Völker
« Antwort #1 am: 12. September 2007, 21:33:25 »
Zitat von: "Zechi"

Welches Volk könnte gemeint sein?

Mensch. Ich hab´s zuerst gesagt.
D&D 5E: Ich wünsch euch dann mal viel Spaß.

Berandor

• Mitglied
  • Verrückter Narr
    • http://www.p-pricken.de
4E - Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 12. September 2007, 21:35:52 »
Halbork, weil es wirklich eines Tricks bedarf, den nicht abkacken zu lassen.
Bitte schickt mir keine PMs hier, sondern kontaktiert mich, wenn nötig, über meine Homepage

Archoangel

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 12. September 2007, 21:41:44 »
Ich glaube auch, das es der Mensch sein müsste (der eben nicht nur mit 2-3 klassen am bessten funktioniert, sondern eben mit allen).

Und der Halbork ist ohnehin schon rausgeflogen. :P
In diesem Thread gibt es wunderbare Beispiele, dass Schulpflicht und Dummheit sich nicht ausschließen. (Tempus Fugit)

4E Archoangel - Love me or leave me!

Ferrus Animus

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #4 am: 13. September 2007, 14:14:30 »
Ich glaube es betrifft die Elfen.

Die Magier-Nummer war bisher regeltechnisch recht wenig unterdtützt und mit dem Fluff Richtung Waldelf schätze ich, dass sie eher druidischer werden....

Archoangel

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #5 am: 15. September 2007, 22:29:28 »
Die Gnome fliegen dann wohl doch...diesen Gerüchten zufolge zumindest (weis nicht ob das schon geposted wurde):

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=13484347&postcount=9
In diesem Thread gibt es wunderbare Beispiele, dass Schulpflicht und Dummheit sich nicht ausschließen. (Tempus Fugit)

Zechi

• Globaler Moderator
4E - Völker
« Antwort #6 am: 16. September 2007, 09:19:58 »
Zitat von: "Archoangel"
Die Gnome fliegen dann wohl doch...diesen Gerüchten zufolge zumindest (weis nicht ob das schon geposted wurde):

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=13484347&postcount=9

Das ist schon bekannt, aber kaum eine definitive Aussage.

Gruß Zechi

Zechi

• Globaler Moderator
4E - Völker
« Antwort #7 am: 20. September 2007, 18:58:08 »
Nochmal die ganz sichere Bestätigung, dass der Tiefling im PHB 4E ist:

Zitat
We have new stuff in the core rules. For example, as many of you know, the tiefling now appears as a core race in the Player's Handbook. Tieflings have a dark edge to them, and they have some fun new game mechanics as well. Their story is a particularly interesting one, involving diabolical pacts and ancient tyrannical empires. Of course, whether you choose to adopt that story or create a different origin story for your campaign is entirely up to you.

The tiefling's inclusion in the core rules compelled us to imagine what the D&D world would be like with tieflings around in greater numbers. It also gave us added incentive to include the warlock class in the Player's Handbook, since tieflings and warlocks are an excellent match story-wise and flavor-wise. (Just so we're clear, tieflings can belong to any class in 4th Edition, not just warlocks. I'm playing a tiefling cleric in a current 4E playtest. His name is Zade Shadowhorn, and he worships Erathis, the goddess of civilization.)

Gleichzeitig die Bestätigung, dass der Warlock im PHB 4E sein wird.

Gruß Zechi

Zanan

• Mitglied
  • Pathfinder-Übersetzungsteam
    • Zanan's at the Gates
4E - Völker
« Antwort #8 am: 20. September 2007, 23:19:23 »
Rasse! Sagt Rasse und bringt die Jungs und Mädels von Feder & Schwert nicht wieder auf komische Gedanken! Wir sind ja nicht bei den Indianern.
Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Cease this tirade, take a breath, and think. Then you will realize, enemy of the Dark Elves, that my concern for your well being has always been, at best, limited.

Archoangel

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #9 am: 21. September 2007, 01:07:14 »
Ach Fädder und Schwäärt, die Meister der deutschen Sprache...

kennt ihr eigentlich den schon:

Dragonworld-Rezi (Link wg. Layout von Zechi bereinigt)

Ariadne

• Globaler Moderator
4E - Völker
« Antwort #10 am: 21. September 2007, 02:09:49 »
Nee, aber einfach Göttlich!!! Was hab ich gelacht!!!  :D
Epische Herausforderung 2005: Mittendrin statt nur dabei!

Playing 4E? Fix the Pixies first!

Troll

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #11 am: 21. September 2007, 10:17:55 »
Zitat von: "Zanan"
Rasse! Sagt Rasse und bringt die Jungs und Mädels von Feder & Schwert nicht wieder auf komische Gedanken!

rechne lieber damit, daß es wieder Völker heißt. F&S wird die Regelbegriffe vermutlich nicht verändern und weiter die alten, (zum größten Teil von Amigo) eingeführten Begriffe benutzen.
Ist es eigentlich gerecht, das Schwert des Argumentes gegen intellektuell Unbewaffnete zu führen?

Plüschi

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #12 am: 21. September 2007, 13:22:19 »
Und von Andy Collins noch was zum Thema Völker:

Zitat
Curses! That Perkins has left me in the dust.

Of course, I can't be certain that he isn't using his wireless uplink to the Mother Ship to artificially inflate his blog views.

But Mama Collins didn't raise me to be a complainer, so I'll simply say "Well played, Mr. Perkins, well played."

And now I'll just mention that I'm working on an appendix for the Monster Manual that provides the basics on how to play some of the non-PH races appearing in the MM as PCs.

Which ones, you ask? Well, the final list is still under quite a bit of discussion, but options that have been floated ranged from aasimar (or as I like to call 'em, the Awesomer) to warforged.

Goblins? Orcs? Kobolds? Hogboblins? Githyanki? Drow?

Maybe, maybe, maybe, I think you mean hobgoblins, maybe, and maybe.

(OK, probably yes on that last one. But don't make them any promises...you know how vengeful those dark elves can be when they don't get their way.)

Did somebody say minotaurs? Could be, could be, but we'd have to solve that pesky HD/LA problem first. Wait, my team's been telling me they have a way to slice that particular Gordian knot. What good news for Andrew "Bullheaded" Finch!

Anyway, lots of options are on the table, and it's fun to be working at that particular table right now.

Meanwhile...resumes are still coming in for the RPG/Minis Designer position. If you've been putting off your application, you'd better get to it; I'm hoping to close down apps next week some time.

Back to work!
Kein Zwanni für 'nen Steher!
Fußball muss bezahlbar bleiben für alle.

Nathan Grey

• Mitglied
4E - Völker
« Antwort #13 am: 21. September 2007, 13:31:51 »
Zitat von: "Troll"
Zitat von: "Zanan"
Rasse! Sagt Rasse und bringt die Jungs und Mädels von Feder & Schwert nicht wieder auf komische Gedanken!

rechne lieber damit, daß es wieder Völker heißt. F&S wird die Regelbegriffe vermutlich nicht verändern und weiter die alten, (zum größten Teil von Amigo) eingeführten Begriffe benutzen.

Jap, und Amigo argumentierte damit, das Rasse  in der deutschen Sprachen, dank eines kleinen bösen Mannes, einen miesen Beigeschmak hat. Der liebe Björn, hat mir im Amigoboard deswegen schonmal ne PN geschrieben und nen Thread gelöscht.

Zitat von: "Plüschi"
Und von Andy Collins noch was zum Thema Völker:

Zitat
Curses! That Perkins has left me in the dust.

Of course, I can't be certain that he isn't using his wireless uplink to the Mother Ship to artificially inflate his blog views.

But Mama Collins didn't raise me to be a complainer, so I'll simply say "Well played, Mr. Perkins, well played."

And now I'll just mention that I'm working on an appendix for the Monster Manual that provides the basics on how to play some of the non-PH races appearing in the MM as PCs.

Which ones, you ask? Well, the final list is still under quite a bit of discussion, but options that have been floated ranged from aasimar (or as I like to call 'em, the Awesomer) to warforged.

Goblins? Orcs? Kobolds? Hogboblins? Githyanki? Drow?

Maybe, maybe, maybe, I think you mean hobgoblins, maybe, and maybe.

(OK, probably yes on that last one. But don't make them any promises...you know how vengeful those dark elves can be when they don't get their way.)

Did somebody say minotaurs? Could be, could be, but we'd have to solve that pesky HD/LA problem first. Wait, my team's been telling me they have a way to slice that particular Gordian knot. What good news for Andrew "Bullheaded" Finch!

Anyway, lots of options are on the table, and it's fun to be working at that particular table right now.

Meanwhile...resumes are still coming in for the RPG/Minis Designer position. If you've been putting off your application, you'd better get to it; I'm hoping to close down apps next week some time.

Back to work!

Ich denke, dass wenn es wirklich so kommt wie versprochen, das man Monstern sozusagen Level gibt um das CR zu ersetzen, das Spielen selbiger keine Probleme mehr bereiten sollte.

Berandor

• Mitglied
  • Verrückter Narr
    • http://www.p-pricken.de
4E - Völker
« Antwort #14 am: 21. September 2007, 13:52:58 »
Aasimar = Awesomer? Da müssen die dann aber gewaltig dran drehen... klingt außerdem nach positivem Völkismus.
Bitte schickt mir keine PMs hier, sondern kontaktiert mich, wenn nötig, über meine Homepage

• Drucken