• Drucken

Autor Thema: Goblins have taken over Paizo  (Gelesen 26070 mal)

Beschreibung:

Windjammer

• Mitglied
Goblins have taken over Paizo
« Antwort #15 am: 18. März 2008, 23:17:13 »
Zitat von: "Wormys_Queue"
ich bin total geschockt

Das bin ich auch, sofern dieser Schritt Rückschlüsse auf eine intolerable GSL zuläßt (will mich da aber nicht aus dem Fenster lehnen), was für die 3rd party sector Entwicklung der nächsten Jahre katastrophal wäre.

Als jemand, der bei der 3.5 bleiben wird, bin ich über Paizo's Schritt sehr erfreut. Auch wenn es ein 'eigenes' RPG werden wird, erwarte ich mir eine erhöhte Kompatibilität zu D&D 3.5, die ich mir in der Form von der 4E überhaupt nicht erwarte.
A blind man may be very pitturesque; but it takes two eyes to see the picture. - Chesterton

Berandor

• Mitglied
  • Verrückter Narr
    • http://www.p-pricken.de
« Antwort #16 am: 18. März 2008, 23:17:22 »
Wow. Da wir ja nicht umsatteln, haben die da gute Chancen auf unseren Support.
Bitte schickt mir keine PMs hier, sondern kontaktiert mich, wenn nötig, über meine Homepage

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #17 am: 18. März 2008, 23:21:55 »
Zitat von: "Windjammer"
Auch wenn es ein 'eigenes' RPG werden wird, erwarte ich mir eine erhöhte Kompatibilität zu D&D 3.5, die ich mir in der Form von der 4E überhaupt nicht erwarte.

Dazu sagt Jason Bulmahn, der Lead Designer des Pathfinder RPGs folgendes:
Zitat
History & Design Goals

Back in October 2007, I began a small side project. Since 4th Edition had recently been announced, I began to wonder how many people would stick with the 3.5 rules set. Everyone could agree that 3.5 needed some work, but the system itself was mostly sound. I thought that those folks might want some updated rules, since support was beginning to wane. What started out as a simple side project soon turned into an obsession as the rules document got longer every day. When Paizo started looking for alternatives, my side project was a natural fit, leading us to where we are today.

When work first began on the Pathfinder RPG, I set down a number of principles to guide me. Since this game is based off the 3.5 rules set, I wanted to make sure that it stayed true to the original vision of the game. When taking a look at these rules, please keep the following guidelines in mind as they might help you understand the changes that were made.

Improve the Game: The 3.5 rules set is excellent, but it has its flaws. Over the past few years, a number of common problems have seemed to crop up again and again, problems that delay the game or cause no end of arguments (grapple and polymorph, for example). I wanted the Pathfinder RPG to clean up these rules, by streamlining in places and adding options in others. You can still grapple in the Pathfinder RPG, but it is no longer the huge headache that it was. I also worked to even out some of the choices. A number of 3.5 skills are far less valuable than others, making them suboptimal choices. In my experience, few rogues took Forgery, but Spot was an incredibly common choice. These rules work to even out some of these choices. So while you might still take Perception over Linguistics, the latter is now a far more useful choice than it was before.

Add Options: Just before design began, a friend of mine asked me why no one ever seemed to take rogue beyond 2nd level or fighter beyond 4th level. This got me thinking. Far too many of the basic classes lose their luster after just a few levels, leading most players to take a host of other classes or a number of prestige classes. While this option is still available, I wanted to add more to all the classes, to give each one of them a reason to be followed up through 20th level. To this end, I have tried to add options to the game whenever possible. This is a tricky path to walk, though. Too many options and you end up with overly complicated classes. Too few and players get bored of their class. This principle goes beyond class powers, as well. From sundering to magic items, there are now more options and choices to make than ever before, each one opening up whole new avenues of character and adventure design.

Compatibility: Of all the goals I set out with when designing this game, compatibility ranked near the top. I wanted to make sure that any rules we changed were adaptable to the extensive body of work that exists for the 3.5 rules set. In addition to being compatible, I wanted to ensure that any conversion work would be minimal. In most cases, this meant adding to existing rules, instead of subtracting. So, while we changed the way turning undead works, we did not remove turning undead from the game. We added options to the fighter without removing any of them. This design philosophy doesn't always hold true, however. Some skills were combined and a few disappeared altogether (goodbye Use Rope). Whenever I broke this rule, it was because the other guidelines took precedence.
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

TheRaven

• Mitglied
« Antwort #18 am: 18. März 2008, 23:22:32 »
Zitat von: "Chrischie"
du brauchst einen Paizoaccount.

Wieso meinst du frage ich danach? Aber lass mal gut sein. Wird man Morgen eh bei Google finden.
Die Wissenschaft nötigt uns, den Glauben an einfache Kausalitäten aufzugeben.
- Friedrich

Ariadne

• Globaler Moderator
« Antwort #19 am: 18. März 2008, 23:24:41 »
Zitat von: "TheRaven"
Kann jemand das Alpha PDF verlinken?

http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinderRPG
Epische Herausforderung 2005: Mittendrin statt nur dabei!

Playing 4E? Fix the Pixies first!

TheRaven

• Mitglied
« Antwort #20 am: 18. März 2008, 23:26:14 »
Edit: Ich gebe auf
- Friedrich

Berandor

• Mitglied
  • Verrückter Narr
« Antwort #21 am: 18. März 2008, 23:30:19 »
Das Alpha-PDF? Vor dem download muss man die Datei erst "personalisieren". Keine Ahnung, ob dir *der Link* dann was bringt?

Nachtrag: Hallelujah, they fixed the half-orc!
Bitte schickt mir keine PMs hier, sondern kontaktiert mich, wenn nötig, über meine Homepage

TheRaven

• Mitglied
« Antwort #22 am: 18. März 2008, 23:31:44 »
DRM? Gut, ich passe. Danke für die Info.
- Friedrich

Chrischie

• Mitglied
« Antwort #23 am: 18. März 2008, 23:33:20 »
Zitat von: "TheRaven"
DRM? Gut, ich passe. Danke für die Info.

Das ist nur signiert, dass heißt dein Name steht drinne, das war es.

Berandor

• Mitglied
  • Verrückter Narr
« Antwort #24 am: 18. März 2008, 23:47:28 »
Demnächst also "Paizo-Gate" mit Unterforum 4.0?

Edit: Dank an Cut für die Idee

Windjammer

• Mitglied
« Antwort #25 am: 18. März 2008, 23:54:11 »
Zitat von: "Berandor"

Paizo selber überlassen übrigens die 4E Konvertierungen der Pathfinder-Produkte ihrer Fanbase. Im kleineren Rahmen gibt es aber auch eine Produktlinie zur 4E. Abgesehen davon, sind Necromancer Games ja ihre "Partner", und die steigen mit dem Tome of Horror gleich groß mit ein.
A blind man may be very pitturesque; but it takes two eyes to see the picture. - Chesterton

Cut

• Mitglied
« Antwort #26 am: 19. März 2008, 00:14:19 »
Zitat von: "Windjammer"
Zitat von: "Berandor"

Paizo selber überlassen übrigens die 4E Konvertierungen der Pathfinder-Produkte ihrer Fanbase. Im kleineren Rahmen gibt es aber auch eine Produktlinie zur 4E. Abgesehen davon, sind Necromancer Games ja ihre "Partner", und die steigen mit dem Tome of Horror gleich groß mit ein.

Alles so, wie ich es vorher gesagt habe.

Ich sage heute schon vorraus, dass sich das als ein brillianter Schachzug von Seiten Paizos erweisen wird!
On the Internet you can be anything you want.
It's strange that so many people choose to be disagreeable and stupid...

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #27 am: 19. März 2008, 00:20:30 »
Dann hoff ich mal, dass Du auch damit richtig liegst ^^
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

Cut

• Mitglied
« Antwort #28 am: 19. März 2008, 00:29:01 »
Zitat von: "Wormys_Queue"
Dann hoff ich mal, dass Du auch damit richtig liegst ^^

:D

Aber mal im Ernst Wormy: Die Frage aller Fragen ist doch, wann hast Du das Alpha-PDF übersetzt und darfst es uns vorführen? ;)
On the Internet you can be anything you want.
It's strange that so many people choose to be disagreeable and stupid...

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #29 am: 19. März 2008, 00:30:37 »
bin schon auf Seite 10.

so bescheuert bin nicht mal ich.^^
Wormy's Worlds

• Drucken