Autor Thema: Artificer Playtest File  (Gelesen 6705 mal)

Beschreibung:

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #15 am: 04. Juli 2008, 22:23:40 »
Ha, found it :) war Bill Slavisek in einer der Ampersand-Kolumnen:

Zitat von: "Bill Slavisek"
Campaign Settings

I wanted to take a few moments to clarify what I said at GTS last week. In regards to campaign settings, our goal for this edition is to make each setting we release unique and exciting on its own while still making it usable in any D&D campaign. Now, what exactly does that mean?

You wouldn't believe how many times over the years I've heard people say "I play in [insert favorite campaign setting here] so product X is of no use to me," or "I only play Core D&D (whatever that means) so I can't use that [insert campaign setting here] product." I plan to change that under 4th Edition by getting the word out that it's okay to mix and match. Go ahead. Get peanut butter in the chocolate. Some of the best campaigns I ever ran or had the pleasure to play in had a little bit of [insert campaign setting here] mixed with a smattering of [insert other campaign setting here] and combined all that with homebrew ideas to create something totally new and different.

So under 4th Edition, we're making every product look like a core product. The Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide releasing in August, for example, is a separate and unique setting on one hand, while being totally core D&D on the other. That means you can play a strictly Forgotten Realms campaign, or you can borrow the bits you like best to use in whatever D&D campaign you're playing in. This has always been true, but you wouldn't believe how many players were reluctant to cross the streams like that. I say cross away! (At least as far as your personal campaigns are concerned.) Why not use the best ideas, powers, feats, monsters, villains, and plot hooks from any product -- regardless of the campaign world your game is set in?

This means we won't be producing campaign lines, per se. For the Forgotten Realms, for example, you'll get the Campaign Guide, Player's Guide, and an adventure as physical products, as well as our ongoing line of bestselling novels, and plenty of ongoing support via D&D Insider. If a product idea comes along later that makes sense, we'll do it, but there won't be an ongoing regular release schedule of Forgotten Realms game products. Why not? Because every D&D product we do is a Forgotten Realms [or insert your favorite campaign setting here] game product. This is a subtle but significant change in philosophy geared toward making all players D&D players. It just makes the products and the brand stronger if every player is using the same material.

This is significantly different than what has occurred in the past. We won't be making the mistakes of line proliferation that helped sink TSR, and we won't be actively segmenting our audience. Instead we'll be providing all kinds of options and ideas through the core line of D&D RPG products. It's all D&D, all the time.

The model described above will be used every year, and we'll focus on a different campaign setting. Next year, we'll give this treatment to Eberron. After that? Well, we'll be exploring the best worlds from our vault, as well as creating new worlds as warranted. I can't guarantee which worlds will see this treatment as of yet, but chances are that your favorite campaign setting is on my list for consideration. And for all of them, in addition to the physical products we do, you'll see novels and novel lines (as appropriate), and ongoing support that continues to explore the worlds through D&D Insider. This plan makes D&D stronger, without sacrificing the heart of any campaign setting.

Next month… H1: Keep on the Shadowfell releases, complete with D&D Quick Start Rules and ready-to-play characters. Everyone will be able to start playing 4E!
Keep playing!
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

Zechi

• Globaler Moderator
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #16 am: 05. Juli 2008, 08:50:32 »
Das ist mir alles bekannt, ändert aber nicht daran, dass der Artificier im Kanon der FR höchstwahrscheinlich unbekannt sein wird und darum geht es doch.

Das man natürlich alles Regelmaterial aus Eberron in den FR verwenden kann, wenn man das will, dass ist ja nun nicht neu und war schon immer möglich.

Gruß Zechi
Planen ist alles, Pläne sind nichts.

Lagrange

• Mitglied
    • http://www.rockfurt.de
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #17 am: 05. Juli 2008, 09:00:09 »
Naja, das hat es mit der 3.x doch auch schon gegeben: Zwergische Arkane Zauberwirker, Gnome, die plötzlich Barde als Standardklasse anstatt Illusionist hatten etc. pp...
Und auch dies war aus dem Kanon der bisherigen Hintergrundwelt (Greyhawk) nicht abzuleiten.

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #18 am: 05. Juli 2008, 11:28:35 »
Zitat von: "Zechi"
Das man natürlich alles Regelmaterial aus Eberron in den FR verwenden kann, wenn man das will, dass ist ja nun nicht neu und war schon immer möglich.

Aber es war im Gegensatz zu der Behauptung Bill Slaviseks nicht immer dazu gedacht anderswo eingesetzt zu werden. Die Harfner sind eine eigenständige Organisation innerhalb der Vergessenen Reiche, und obwohl die Seeker (in Greyhawk) oder die Wayfinder Foundation (in Eberron) einen recht ähnlichen Hintergrund wie die Harfner haben, findest Du nirgends einen Verweis darauf, dass man für diese beiden Organisationen die Harfner-PRC verwenden solltest.

Um ein regelnäheres Beispiel zu bringen: Bestimmte Eberron-spezifische Feats waren nicht ohne weiteres in andere Kampagnenwelten übertragbar. Warum nicht? Weil sie darauf aufbauten, dass in der Kampagne das Regelkonstrukt Action Points verwendet wurde (was es per se in den FR erst mal gar nicht gibt).

Genau das zu ändern, ist offensichtlich die Absicht von WotC, sonst hätte Bill sich den ganzen Sermon sparen können. Würde sich ja eh nichts ändern.

Ob man das nun gut oder schlecht findet ist die eine Sache. Aber die Befürchtung, dass die neue Strategie ein Risiko in Bezug auf die Einzigartigkeit der einzelnen Welten darstellt, halte ich keineswegs für unbegründet.
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

Zechi

• Globaler Moderator
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #19 am: 05. Juli 2008, 12:12:30 »
Zitat von: "Lagrange"
Naja, das hat es mit der 3.x doch auch schon gegeben: Zwergische Arkane Zauberwirker, Gnome, die plötzlich Barde als Standardklasse anstatt Illusionist hatten etc. pp...
Und auch dies war aus dem Kanon der bisherigen Hintergrundwelt (Greyhawk) nicht abzuleiten.

RIchtig, aber ich bezweifel, dass in den 4E FR die im Jahre 2008 erscheinen, Bezug auf eine Charakterklasse genommen wird, die dann im Jahre 2009 erscheint :)

Des Weiteren werden wohl hauptsächlich diejenigen den Artificier verwenden, die sich den Eberron's Player Guide kaufen und das werden hauptsächlich Eberron Spieler sein.

Gruß Zechi
Planen ist alles, Pläne sind nichts.

Coldwyn

• Mitglied
    • http://www.dnd-gate.de
Artificer Playtest File
« Antwort #20 am: 05. Juli 2008, 15:20:55 »
Zitat von: "Zechi"
Das ist mir alles bekannt, ändert aber nicht daran, dass der Artificier im Kanon der FR höchstwahrscheinlich unbekannt sein wird und darum geht es doch.i

Gabs nicht im Alten Magic of Faerun den Gnome Artificer der Zauber zu Devices konvertiert hat? Und im FRPG den Techsmith of Gond?

So lange es Lanthan gibt, hat der Artificier auch in FR seine volle dasensberechtigung ;)
Inhalltsstoffe dieses Beitrags: 50% reine Polemik, 40% subjektive Meinung, 10% ungenau recherchierte Fakten.