Autor Thema: [Golarion] Teufel vs. Dämonen, Teufel vs. Engel oder keins von beidem?  (Gelesen 4696 mal)

Beschreibung:

Sol

• Globaler Moderator
Re: [Golarion] Teufel vs. Dämonen, Teufel vs. Engel oder keins von beidem?
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Dezember 2008, 20:37:57 »
@ Wormy

Wer von beiden jetzt genau?
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light." (B5)

Fischkopp

• Mitglied
    • Rorschachhamster
« Antwort #16 am: 12. Dezember 2008, 20:45:48 »
@ Wormy

Der kleine Schwarze, mit den vielen Beinen, der vorne auf dem Schach(?)brett Rumba tanzt, natürlich....  wink
Mein Weblog: http://rorschachhamster.wordpress.com/
"Metagaming is for pussies." -mxyzplk

Archoangel

• Mitglied
« Antwort #17 am: 13. Dezember 2008, 00:17:56 »
@ Wormy

Der kleine Schwarze, mit den vielen Beinen, der vorne auf dem Schach(?)brett Rumba tanzt, natürlich....  wink

Lach nur ... wenn der große Cthulhu dein Vater wäre, fändest du das weniger komisch...
In diesem Thread gibt es wunderbare Beispiele, dass Schulpflicht und Dummheit sich nicht ausschließen. (Tempus Fugit)

4E Archoangel - Love me or leave me!

Archoangel

• Mitglied
« Antwort #18 am: 14. Dezember 2008, 22:24:03 »
Bei ebay wird übrigens gerade ein Manual of the Planes 1e versteigert...
In diesem Thread gibt es wunderbare Beispiele, dass Schulpflicht und Dummheit sich nicht ausschließen. (Tempus Fugit)

4E Archoangel - Love me or leave me!

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #19 am: 23. Dezember 2008, 21:07:11 »
Ein paar Informationen über die Handhabung von Teufeln und Dämonen hab ich nun doch noch gefunden, und zwar in diesem Thread. Da der schon etwas größer ist, hier die beiden vielleicht interessantesten Posts von den Designern selbst:

James Jacobs:
Zitat
We've already done a lot to set up what devils and demons (and daemons and other fiends) do in Golarion, and those'll be how these guys appear in the Pathfinder Bestiary. Which is to say, they'll be handled more or less the same as they are in the MM.

Sort of.

The basic way it breaks down is like this.

Proto-demons (AKA qlippoths) came first; they're a physical, living manifestation of the Abyss, and are incarnations of entropy and destructive chaos. They predate the concepts of good and evil (concepts that first rose when the gods gave mortal life free will) but took to evil with a tenacity that is legendary. Qlippoths predate mortal life, and they view mortals as something to destroy and ruin and corrupt physically, be that by maiming or by luring mortals into destruction on their own behalf. The qlippoths are inhuman and utterly monstrous in a Lovecraftian sort of way.

Devils came second. They show up after the gods appear, but before mortal life, I suspect. Devils are the heretics; they're the ones who turned away from serving the gods and decided to go their own way. They see mortal life as a tool; they don't want the end of the world as much as Hell on earth. They are the subtle fiends, tricksters who want not to destroy things or murder as much as they want to influence mortals into being more like them. If demons are out to destroy the flesh, devils are out to destroy faith and the mind. They see mortals as little more than monkeys that, with the right amount of training, can be remade to be devilish themselves.

Daemons came third, after mortal life populated the Material Plane. They are what happens when a mortal soul goes into the lower planes and "evolves" into a fiend. The daemons are thus what happens after an evil mortal dies. When death happens in a mass scale, such as by war or famine or pestilence or disaster, that's when the most POWERFUL daemons are made, and why the daemons are led by creatures called the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Now that the daemons are here, their goal isn't to destroy the physical world and ruin the flesh (that's for demons) nor are they particularly interested in corrupting mortals and creating heretics (that's for devils); they simply want mortal souls to eat and trade in. They drink life. They're the harbingers of death itself.

The more humanoid looking demons came about last, but still very long ago. The daemons themselves, being born of mortal souls, used freshly captured souls to alter captured qlippoths and adjust their growth. The result was astonishing, and the humanoid demons that resulted have all but totally displaced the more bestial qlippoths of the Abyss as a result, yet even these demons retain the goal of destroying flesh and the mortal world. They are happiest when mortals are alive but in agony and despair and hopeless, and don't balk at killing some or a lot in order to make the survivors more despondent. Demons like to eat and crush and otherwise assault mortals in a physical way. Succubi (and incubi) accomplish this by rape, and require beautiful or handsome forms in order to more easily get what they want in the way they want it.

That this works out to 100% support the way demons and daemons and devils look and are built in previous editions of the game is the whole point.

Todd Stewart:
Zitat
Drakli wrote:

Zitat
But it does kind of make me question some of the particulars of the "sacred cow," to be fair. For example, didn't the whole 'Demons & Devils Hate-On' come about during Planescape for the Blood War thing? Is that even old enough to be a sacred cow? (grant you, I'm someone who loved Planescape, but let's set that aside for the moment.) Grant you, I could be wrong, but PS is the first time I can remember it.

The Blood War and the demon/devil antipathy predates Planescape. It first appears in the very early 2e Monstrous Compendium: Outer Planes Appendix. Planescape followed several years later.

Drakli wrote:

Zitat
   To be honest, my big concern is daemons. Not only do they have a name which is, as far as I know, either pronounced the same as demon or really close, spelled almost alike, and is yet another synonym transformed into a 'really not the same creature-ism,' but I'm not sure the coolest ones, the daemons formerly known as Arcanoloth and Ultraloth, or the one like a pillbug bulldog with a spikey chameleon tongue (I love that guy!) are open content.

Only the hydrodaemon, derghodaemon, piscodaemon, and charonadaemons (marraenoloth) are open content. The ones I like the most aren't open, and I really doubt they'd say yes to Paizo using them, even if they asked (also because they've actually told me no when I asked for another project).

Trust me when I say that the daemons of the paizo'verse will have their reasons for existing, their own niche among the evil of the lower planes, and their own twisted little mythology lurking behind their actions.

They're the cursed, misbegotten side effects of mortality's existance within the cosmos. They're the final iteration of a progressively purified ethos of malice evolving on the planes - a more perfect evil. They're the self-delusional damned unwilling to accept their own origins, hearing the whispers of unseen masters and unseen creators who they worship with fanatical fervor, trying to justify their own torment with a deeper, hidden truth. They're the damned seeking an even deeper damnation, willing to snuff the stars and strangle the last newborn if only to better deny their origins among the mortals, and to remove the anchorstone of mortal life that binds them to this flawed reality - the way out is through. One, all, or none of these might be true, and regardless of any objective truth, it might be a subjective one for some of Abbadon's fiends.

Todd sagte außerdem zum Thema Fiendish Codex II:
Zitat
K'Thal wrote:

Zitat
  Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells adds the Pact Primeval to the D&D/Pathfinder mythos and explains the Blood War between the demons and devils.

Do Not Want!

The Pact Primeval myth ignored tons of planar history, and is a really poor fit unless you strip out any use of Good and Upper Planes and Gods, and replace it with Law, Lawful Planes, and Primordial Exemplars of Law. As a warped, modern retelling of an older myth it works, but not as openly written in FC:II, because many of the beings in it (Saint Cuthbert? Come on...) simply didn't exist at the period of planar history it purports to describe. At that period the planes of law were obsessed with the planes of Chaos, and the planes of Good and Evil were off doing their own things (which FC:II doesn't touch upon at all).

Planescape-Fans mag Todd übrigens besser unter seinem Nick "Shemeska the Marauder" bekannt sein. Auf Planewalker.com hat er zu dem Thema Planes ein recht interessantes, zweiteiliges Interview abgegeben.

Link
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds