Autor Thema: Also, sagte Elminster zu einem Häftling  (Gelesen 1405 mal)

Beschreibung: Ed Greenwood mal anders

Zanan

• Mitglied
  • Pathfinder-Übersetzungsteam
    • Zanan's at the Gates
Also, sagte Elminster zu einem Häftling
« am: 17. Juni 2009, 18:04:55 »
Von Candlekeep mal übernommen.

Zitat
Some months ago, I asked Ed if he could send a message to my friend that were in jail, last weekend he answered, and it were truly amazing. Even that messaged being aimed to him, it helped me too for my own problems, and probably on a smaller or larger scale, it could help you.
So, I will quote his message:

(replace Alan to Darkmeer, and EdAppel to KEJR)

Zitat
Originally posted by The Hooded One

To Alan,
From the hand of Elminster of Shadowdale,
This:

Word hath come to me lately of thy recent sojourn in durance vile.

I set down these few words not merely to congratulate thee on thy release, nor to hearten thee down the rest of thy days, but to extend the hand of friendship and let ye know that there are other wayfarers through life who honour thee and understand thee. The one I know as EdAppel, for one. Even when companionship cannot be directly seen or touched, thou art not alone.

Now that thou hast known a cage, and seen something of the darker sides behind the faces of thy fellow men, reflect: ye still live, and breathe, and are stronger for the experience.

Trite words, those, I know. Others have said them before, and no doubt they shall be said again. Yet a truth lies in them, for we are strengthened by every experience we survive. “Enriched” is the currently-popular word, I believe. We cannot help but be enriched, for a life is no more than a collection of experiences, and what their remembered colour and lessons lend to us as we face later experiences.

Think of thy life as a pathway ye are building through an unknown, mysterious, mist-shrouded land, a forest or jungle. Ye never know what lies ahead, and may even question why ye are making the journey. More than that, every flagstone ye set down has its cost to ye. Yet ye are on the path before ye truly know ye have begun it, just as all others are on their paths. Our paths may cross, or run together for days or months or years, yet in the end our path is - - must be - - our own. We all make choices, all the time, and some of them turn out to be mistakes, or less bright than other choices we might have made, yet the time of that particular choosing lies behind us, and we cannot go back.

So, in the end, we are left with three sorts of choices: to refuse to choose, and drift aimlessly, restless and accomplishing little and tasting more and more dissatisfaction; to choose recklessly, not really caring or letting anger rule us or the excitement of the moment and hurling aside judgment, consideration, and counsel; or to choose with thought and deliberation the route of our path, its way marked by choice after choice. The last way can be hard at times, yet also holds the most satisfaction, for however unwisely we choose, we at least have chosen, have taken some hand in deciding and shaping our life.

Ye did not choose that cage, nor the time spent there. Yet having tasted it, ye can draw from those memories and call on their teachings in thy time ahead. Ye can look back and take pride in surviving that dark time, and take it up like a bloodied and battered suit of armour, and say, “I wore this.” More than that: “I wore this, and lived to look back and gaze upon this armor. If ever I must put it on again, I will know what I am putting on - - and know that I can survive through it, for I have survived before.”

Not everyone lives that deeply, ever. Not everyone is tested and tempered in flame. The old warrior who has scars can be proud of them in a way that the naïve young maiden can preen in her beauty, but any pride she takes in it is empty and foolish, for it has cost her nothing, and so she knows not its price, and is not mindful of the weights of life. The darkness that makes warming flames all the brighter.

Hold on to those flames, and do not forget your time of imprisonment. Be as the bars that confined thee: patient, enduring, uncomplaining. If ye remember fear and anger, close thy hand around it and keep it safe and stored, ready to be a weapon when needed - - but wielded well, not foolishly, wildly, and to no good end.

Let it be thy inner flame, a flame that faileth not, until the day of thy passing - - and let that day be a long way off, after the deaths of all who put thee in the cage. Endure, outlast, and be stronger.

For it is the only good way to build thy path, and the best prize of the hard work of building.

Know quiet pride, and wise peace, Alan. Ye are not alone.

And ye do NOT lack armour, nor the respect of thy friends. Walk tall.

Until next,

Elminster of Shadowdale

Whooo. So saith Ed.
love,
THO

All I could say to you is: CONGRATULATIONS! You surely deserve all the happiness that life can give you.
Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Cease this tirade, take a breath, and think. Then you will realize, enemy of the Dark Elves, that my concern for your well being has always been, at best, limited.

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Juni 2009, 19:26:03 »
Ed ist einfach ein großartiger Mensch.
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

Heretic

• Mitglied
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Juni 2009, 10:47:30 »
Wobei mich noch interessiert hätte, wofür Häftling X einsitzt...

Blackthorne

• Mitglied
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Juni 2009, 19:00:12 »
Wenn die Zellengenossen den Brief finden, fällt die Seife noch öfter "aus Versehen" runter. Mal ehrlich.
D&D 5E: Ich wünsch euch dann mal viel Spaß.

Zanan

• Mitglied
    • Zanan's at the Gates
« Antwort #4 am: 19. Juni 2009, 00:33:58 »
Wenn die Zellengenossen den Brief finden, fällt die Seife noch öfter "aus Versehen" runter. Mal ehrlich.

Schön trolliger Beitrag.

Ich hoffe du verwendest deine Muttersprache auch irgendwann einmal so gekonnt wie Ed die seine - vorzugsweise für einen ähnlich positiven Zweck.
Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Cease this tirade, take a breath, and think. Then you will realize, enemy of the Dark Elves, that my concern for your well being has always been, at best, limited.

Halvar

• Mitglied
« Antwort #5 am: 19. Juni 2009, 23:14:27 »

Copyright infringement des FR Campaign Settings.
Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Heretic

• Mitglied
« Antwort #6 am: 20. Juni 2009, 05:12:48 »

Copyright infringement des FR Campaign Settings.

Mahahaha, DER war gut.
Du hast mich zum Lachen gebracht, danke.
 :D

@Zanan: Halt mal den Ball flach, so toll ist das bischen "Mittelalter/Fast Neuzeit"-Englisch von Ed auch wieder nicht. Howard konnte das mMn um einiges besser, whatever.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Juni 2009, 05:15:23 von Heretic »

Zanan

• Mitglied
    • Zanan's at the Gates
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Juni 2009, 10:23:15 »
@Zanan: Halt mal den Ball flach, so toll ist das bischen "Mittelalter/Fast Neuzeit"-Englisch von Ed auch wieder nicht. Howard konnte das mMn um einiges besser, whatever.

Das war nicht der Punkt.
Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Eoghan

• Mitglied
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Juni 2009, 12:51:11 »

Schön trolliger Beitrag.

Ich hoffe du verwendest deine Muttersprache auch irgendwann einmal so gekonnt wie Ed die seine - vorzugsweise für einen ähnlich positiven Zweck.

Was ist an dem Post "trollig" ? Er drückt exakt aus, was ich mir auch gedacht hab. Die ersten beiden Absätze der Mail von Ed waren ja noch ganz nett, aber danach rutscht der gute Herr in Poesiealbum-Sprache ab. Ungefähr auf dem literarischen Level von "Träume nicht dein Leben, sondern lebe deinen Traum" Einträgen bei Facebook & Co. Fehlt eigentlich nur noch, dass ein ASCII Herz drumrumgemalt wurde.

Das mag dich in deiner Drow-Fanboy-Seele ansprechen Zanan, aber sei dir sicher, es gibt eine Menge Leute, die es schlicht und einfach für kitschigen Unsinn halten. Das einzig positive an der E-Mail ist, dass er sich die Zeit für einen Fan genommen hat, was ich durchaus lobenswert finde.

Und nebenbei, deine Antwort zu Blackthorne ist das, was man "trollig" nennt. Oder warum bist du ohne jeglichen Grund (und Ahnung im Übrigen) persönlich geworden?

« Letzte Änderung: 20. Juni 2009, 12:58:41 von Eoghan »
Probability is my bitch!

Wormys_Queue

• Mitglied
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Juni 2009, 14:34:01 »
Oder warum bist du ohne jeglichen Grund (und Ahnung im Übrigen) persönlich geworden?

So wie Du jetzt gerade?

Hättest Du wissen können, Zanan. Hier in Deutschland gilt man als elitär, wenn man alles runtermacht. Zynismus ist schick. Einfach dran denken, wie Ed darauf reagieren würde. Und ignorieren. :)
Think the rulebook has all the answers? Then let's see that rulebook run a campaign! - Mike Mearls
Wormy's Worlds

Zanan

• Mitglied
    • Zanan's at the Gates
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Juni 2009, 15:03:32 »
Oder warum bist du ohne jeglichen Grund (und Ahnung im Übrigen) persönlich geworden?

So wie Du jetzt gerade?

Hättest Du wissen können, Zanan. Hier in Deutschland gilt man als elitär, wenn man alles runtermacht. Zynismus ist schick. Einfach dran denken, wie Ed darauf reagieren würde. Und ignorieren. :)

Gut Idee!

BTW, Eoghan ... ich bin kein Drow-Fanboy. Wenn, dann bin ich ein FR-Fanboy, der sich bei den Drow etwas auskennt. Genaugenommen mag ich bestimmte Teufel und Tieflinge fast noch mehr ...
Ust, usstan elgg dos ...

Heretic

• Mitglied
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Juni 2009, 14:27:14 »

Das war nicht der Punkt.
Sondern?