Autor Thema: WotC Designer Matt James & SRM über LFR  (Gelesen 1762 mal)

Beschreibung:

HousesAndHumans

• Mitglied
WotC Designer Matt James & SRM über LFR
« am: 01. Dezember 2011, 22:59:03 »
Tracy Davis Hurley
I saw that some people got upset about the themes having restrictions. I know someone was upset that I wrote some of my stuff so any divine class could use it. Not every piece of content needs to be for every type of D&D player.

Stephen Radney-Macfarland
Oh...did the big bad designer put a restriction on your theme? Poor baby.

Tracy Davis Hurley
zomg, I might not be able to pick a particular theme in LFR because it doesn't make sense for an FR character not of a particular race to have it. *headdesk*

Matt James
 Yeah. It's not that I don't understand their argument. I just don't agree with their argument. Then it devolved into personal attacks on my writing and design work. I'm not a fan of the culture LFR has produced.

Tracy Davis Hurley
Sorry for the snark, forums bring that out in me because, well, I'm human. The personal attacks are wrong. There's a difference of opinion here and that's fine. People should be able to disagree. I love that we have organized play programs such as LFR. What I don't love is that some from the organized play programs then believe everything has to be designed around their limitations.

Stephen Radney-Macfarland:
Matt, it’s not the culture that LFR created, it’s the type of gamers that OP programs tend to attract en masse. Hyper-completive, cheese-weasels, who see every interaction with the game (and its designers) as a way to optimize their character. OP didn’t create this, OP just gives them an avenue for them to play and show off their “superior” understanding of the rules and the "true" underlying current of the game. I don’t mind the optimizers, because I’ve got a bit of them in me too, and I believe that we can learn from them (in the same way that you can learn deviant psychology from interviewing a serial killer), but arguing with them is nearly useless. They are not going to change their mind, no matter what you say. They don’t think your arguments are valid because they stand in the way of their chief desire—to win D&D and to let everyone know how smart they are for doing it.